I love talking about the importance of keeping your business and entrepreneur mindset sharp and connected for opportunities, but how can one exactly do that? It’s so important to keep yourself healthy to maximise your ability to shoot for the stars in business. And wellbeing starts with you.
I first learnt some of the biggest learnings in wellbeing from Tony Robbins and it completely shifted my mindset on the link between health and big success.
The following are ideas that have been researched and developed, Let me know us what you think about them and how you look after your wellbeing in the comments thread below.
Making healthy food choices and practicing mindful eating can help you provide your body with the nutrients it needs to achieve optimum.
It’s also important to remember that nourishing yourself engages every aspect of your being - physical, social, emotional, mental, and spiritual. Nutrition involves our relationships with family, friends, community, the environment, and the world.
Today, try these ideas to nourish your body and mind:
- Try a new recipe
- Sit down at the table to eat with family or friends
- Turn the TV off whilst eating
- Chew, and appreciate your food
- Avoid processed foods
- Try a new food you’ve never had before
There is strong evidence that indicates that feeling close to, and valued by, other people is a fundamental human need, and that social relationships are critical for promoting wellbeing.
If you’ve found yourself working a little too independently, try some of these ideas today and make a connection:
- Post on our Healthy Wealthy Society Facebook page
- Talk to someone instead of sending an email
- Speak to someone new
- Ask how someone’s weekend was and really listen when they tell you
- Put five minutes aside to find out how someone really is
Exercise is essential for brain health and for promoting well-being. And the good news? It doesn’t need to be particularly intense for you to feel good - activities such as walking, can have the benefit of encouraging social interactions as well providing some level of exercise.
Today, why not get physical? Here are a few ideas:
- Take the stairs
- Go for a walk at lunchtime (grab a friend to join you!)
- Do some ‘easy exercise’, like stretching, before you leave for work in the morning
Be in the NOW
Studies have shown that being aware of what is taking place in the present directly enhances your well-being and savouring ‘the moment’ can help to reaffirm your life priorities.
Take some time to enjoy the moment and the environment around you. Here are a few ideas:
- Get a plant for your workspace
- Have a ‘clear the clutter’ day
- Take notice of how people around you are feeling or acting
- Visit a new place for lunch.
Continued learning through life enhances self-esteem and encourages social interaction and a more active life. The practice of setting goals, which is related to adult learning in particular, has been strongly associated with higher levels of wellbeing.
Why not learn something new today? Here are a few more ideas:
- Sign up for a class
- Read the news or a book
- Do a crossword or Sudoku
- Learn a new word.