Hey healthy lady!,
Today we’re going to be looking at FOUR ways to position yourself as an expert.
Listen and/or download the audio here:
Okay, so let’s explore those 4 ways you can start positioning yourself as an expert.
1. Social Media
- Social Media is a powerful communication tool and ally when looking to position yourself as an expert.
- By sharing valuable knowledge and insights with with your audience, and speaking to them directly — not just sharing pictures of your pets — you continue to reinforce your position and expert status.
- Make sure your tone is conversational - speak to them the way you would speak to a friend - and engage your audience. Ask questions and ALWAYS respond to comments.
- Don’t be afraid to give information generously — this will not only develop trust, it will make it very clear that you are knowledgeable in your chosen field.
2. Public Speaking
- Public speaking can be challenging.
- Many coaches have told me that they have a fear of public speaking. If this is you, I encourage you to stretch out of your comfort zone... but also, to start SMALL!
- Volunteer to speak at local meet-up events, or host your own mini-workshop — or perhaps a breakfast or high tea party!
- Theme your event and talk on a simple topic that inspires and excites you (this will make it easier to speak!).
- Start with 5 or 10 people, and then as you get more confident, increase the numbers gradually and look for larger speaking opportunities.
- Always speak confidently to the room, look them in the eye, and be prepared. Own the space — whether it’s a room, or a stage. Don’t be afraid to walk around as you talk.
- Public speaking is a fantastic way to position yourself as an expert and with experience, you may find it builds a whole new customer segment to explore!
3. Guest Post
- Another great way to position yourself as an expert is to guest post on other websites.
- Reach out to sites that have a large number of readers in your target market. This might be health blogs, online magazines, nutrition sites, health and wellness personalities, or other coaches.
- A word of warning though - don’t reach out to them with nothing prepared. Think about the content you’d like to share with their readers and why it’s valuable.
- Put your idea into a short email and “pitch it”. Include your article if it’s ready to go. Don’t be shy with sharing your own experience, connections and qualifications.
- Provide some context on why you think this article will be valuable to their readers, and include your bio and backlinks to your own website.
- Then, if you get the go-ahead, ask to be notified when the article is live so you can engage with readers as they ask questions. Monitor social media for feedback and shoutouts, so you don’t miss any opportunities for connection and community-building.
- Guest posting is a great tool for getting your viewpoint and knowledge to a wider audience.
- It also allows you to refer to the publication (or website) in your own bios, and in the “as seen in” section on your site — which really ups your “trust” factor for potential clients.
4. Interview other experts in your field.
- Interviewing other experts or people in your field is a great way of positioning yourself as an expert.
- People will identify you as the source of the amazing interview, and continue to look to you for MORE valuable information in the future. It positions you as an authority, and someone ‘in the know’.
- Don’t be afraid to aim high and don’t be put off by interviewees saying no. Keep asking!
- A great interview can be a fantastic promotional tool, a great lead generator, or a source of content in the future, so it’s worth taking the time to make sure it is all set up correctly.
- If you’re interviewing someone in person make sure you have good lighting, zero or low ambient noise, and that you both are comfortable and well presented.
- If you’re conducting an interview over Skype use a microphone or handsfree earphone set for the best quality sound.
- And where possible record using video — watching someone speak directly is so much more powerful than audio alone.
- For maximum impact, once recorded, add your branding and include details on how people can learn more if they liked the video!
You already have all the knowledge you need — you don’t have to do another training — you already ARE an expert.
These tips will help position yourself as the expert you already are, so you can share that knowledge with the people who need it most.
Now, before you go — I’ve created an extra bonus for you to download, so check click below to grab my FREE guide on ‘How to Find Your Profitable Target Market — so you can create programs and services that serve your audience perfectly (and sell like hotcakes).
Thanks for watching this video!
Be sure to share it with any friends you think it would help.
And if you liked the video, hit the like button below, share your thoughts in the comments — and subscribe for brand new content each week on growing your wellness business.
Have a great day, healthy lady!