Working for myself provides some fantastic benefits, one of those being able to work in different locations around the world.
I have had the pleasure of working from cafe's in Paris, Abu Dhabi, Miami, LA, Mexico, Singapore and New Zealand - and let's not forget Bondi.
At each location, I make sure I try some new venues with new menus and keep notes on who stand's out so I can share my favourite places with you.
So from my last trip to USA, here are my top working Cafes in LA.
Abbot Kinney, Venice
- Intelligista: This is a beautiful industrial chic location with fantastic daily roasted coffee. They have a lovely outdoor patio - but in summer the flies can be a bit off-putting and the vibe funky and hip. I found people in the cafe fairly chatty which is nice when you are looking for some social activity.
- The Butchers Daughter: The Matcha Pancakes is the dish to try and this great cafe can provide some great people watching if you sit outside. The atmosphere is pretty chilled which makes it a great place to work, and the staff efficient but not in a over the top or intrusive way.
- The Matcha Box: Try the Matcha Latte with Almond Milk and enjoy the beautiful modern design of this upbeat cafe and the extensive range of Matcha drinks on offer.
Rose Ave, Venice
- Cafe Gratitude: Organic, Dog-Friendly, with Vegan menu options - just some of the perks of this great place to work.
Even if you are not vegetarian or vegan I would encourage you to give this place a try, and don't forget to save room for their raw desserts - heavenly! I get known pretty quickly every time I'm staying locally as the lady who orders Tiramisu for breakfast - it's that good - but sometimes the French Toast does win me over.
- Moon Juice: Vegetarian-friendly and a divine selection of drinks. Check out the cold pressed coffee with coconut for a quick pick me up or one of their green juices to infuse yourself with healthy vitamins and minerals. They have sooo many amazing drinks on offer I am fairly confident you will find one you love.
- Rose Cafe: Great open plan, bright colours, and fantastic food. You can enjoy a fresh juice, herbal tea, or something more substantial while admiring the sun streaming through the windows. I recommend the Kale Salad which has a fantastic spicy kick.
- Tendergreens: This is a great place where you can pick and choose your salad right down to the type of leaf. Vegetarian options are available and the vibe is happy and social. If you are looking for some new connections try sitting at the large communal table for some chit-chat or chill out at a smaller table and work away.
- True Food Kitchen: Pretty much the entire menu is healthy and vibrant but I personally love the edamame dumplings and the fresh juice mocktails. Sit outside and enjoy some fresh air, or enjoy the flurry indoors. This place does get busy in peak times so stick to low times (not dinners) for peace to work.
- Kreation Organic Cafe: Great decor and selection of cold press juices. The Energetic Tonic is a great pick me up if you find yourself a little low mid afternoon. Check out the fantastic outdoor seating for a great working space closer to nature.
Bonus Location (decided to squeeze in one more)
Between Santa Monica & Venice
- Rawvolution: Fantastic place to work! Quiet, chilled atmosphere with juice shots and a fantastic vegan-friendly menu. Feeling bold or wanting something new? Give their 'E-3' live a go for a massive boost in nutrients.
If you have a favourite working cafe in LA share in the comments below and we will build a master list of top places to work for coaches.