One of my favourite parts of working for myself is the ability to work from different locations. When I travel, I love to explore new cafes and working spots - last year I worked from cafes in Paris, Abu Dhabi, Miami, LA, Mexico, Singapore and New Zealand - yet equally every time I come home to Bondi Beach here in Sydney I feel so super excited to get back into ‘everyday’ life as we really do have some of the best working cafes I’ve found.
I frequent different cafes every week to mix up the atmosphere depending on my mood or the task at hand. I also do my regular Wednesday Working Dates from some of these cafes so have shared with you which ones are good for wifi use too!
Are you enjoying this post? I created a free guide to learn more about these Bondi cafes to work from! Click the button below to get it instantly.
Here are some of my favourites:
- Bondi Wholefoods (winner) - free wifi, healthy whole foods and an open air but covered space. I did joke recently that I might start an undercover tv show from this cafe due to the ‘online business conversations’ that are frequently overheard here. My friend/accountability buddy and I work here every Wednesday afternoon - if you need a good dose of Pomodero technique, stop by and join us.
- Chapter One - free wifi on weekdays, cosy and pretty quiet (although some days it resembles a working hub)
- Orchard Street - I love the calm, peaceful atmosphere here and it's home to some of my favourite juices, good coffee, kombucha on tap, and delicious (and healthy!) sweet treats - so I often head here for early morning inspiration and productivity.
- The Grassy Knoll along Bondi Beach - free beach wifi (or use your phone hotspot as the signal isn't always great), best view in the world, fresh air and the pavillions have sturdy 'picnic tables' which I often enjoy sitting at to coach or write. I've been heading down with my Mexican blanket for picnic style working the last few weeks.
- Gertrude and Alice - a bookstore with the best Almond Milk Chai Tea in the world, no wifi and they can get strict on the ‘no laptop’ policy from time to time - good for shorter working blocks and coffee meetings - or for quiet reading when it's an advantage to have no wifi.
- Lox Stock and Barrel - admittedly not the best service but if you're working that's not a problem - in fact you get more time at the table! - and I like this spot for its delicious breakfasts. I use my phone hotspot for wifi.
- Coogee Pavillion - wifi and wine make for the perfect last minute friday working date with friends before winding down for the week. (Technically not Bondi but a short 15 min drive to neighbouring beach Coogee)
Share in the comments below your favourite local working spots in your part of the world. Let's compile a master list right here!