One of my favourite parts of working for myself is the ability to work from different locations. When I travel, I love to explore new cafes and working spots - last year I worked from cafes in Paris, Abu Dhabi, Miami, LA, Mexico, Singapore and New Zealand - yet equally every time I come home to Bondi Beach here in Sydney I feel so super excited to get back into ‘everyday’ life as we really do have some of the best working cafes I’ve found.
I frequent different cafes every week to mix up the atmosphere depending on my mood or the task at hand. I also do my regular Wednesday Working Dates from some of these cafes so have shared with you which ones are good for wifi use too!
Here are some of my favourites:
- Bondi Wholefoods (winner) - free wifi, healthy whole foods and an open air but covered space. I did joke recently that I might start an undercover tv show from this cafe due to the ‘online business conversations’ that are frequently overheard here. My friend/accountability buddy and I work here every Wednesday afternoon - if you need a good dose of Pomodero technique, stop by and join us.
- Chapter One - free wifi on weekdays, cosy and pretty quiet (although some days it resembles a working hub)
- Atlas Cafe - use the free wifi from Gusto next door ;-) I love the open, bright atmosphere here and it's one of my favourite breakfast spots so often head here for early morning productivity.
- The Grassy Knoll along Bondi Beach - free beach wifi (or use your phone hotspot as the signal isn't always great), best view in the world, fresh air and the pavillions have sturdy 'picnic tables' which I often enjoy sitting at to coach or write. I've been heading down with my Mexican blanket for picnic style working the last few weeks.
- Gertrude and Alice - a bookstore with the best Almond Milk Chai Tea in the world, no wifi and they can get strict on the ‘no laptop’ policy from time to time - good for shorter working blocks and coffee meetings - or for quiet reading when it's an advantage to have no wifi.
- Sensory Lab - no wifi and a lacking much atmosphere but sometimes I like this quieter spot with the funky decor and I use my phone hotspot for wifi.
- Coogee Pavillion - wifi and wine make for the perfect last minute friday working date with friends before winding down for the week. (Technically not Bondi but a short 15 min drive to neighbouring beach Coogee)
Share in the comments below your favourite local working spots in your part of the world. Let's compile a master list right here!