Your signature program is the unique-to-you program that you offer to your target audience (AKA Dream Clients). It’s a sure-fire way to establish yourself as a leader in your area of the wellness industry.
It’s YOU and what you can OFFER packaged up in a way that creates the best outcome for your clients.
Creating a signature program is not actually as daunting as most new Health Coaches believe it to be.
Have a look at my 5 steps to creating yours:
STEP 1: GET CLEAR ON THE SOLUTION YOU PROVIDE
Your solution is formulated from the answers to a few simple questions:
- Who your Target Audience is
- What their Key Pain Points are
- What they believe the cause of their pain is
- What they’re motivated by
- What it is they’ll pay anything to have solved
Knowing the biggest challenges your ideal clients face points you in the direction of your solution. Get clear on what they will be able to achieve, experience and do as a result of participating in your program.
The most important reason anyone is going to pay for your Signature Program is the OUTCOME – the results and benefits they can experience. It’s important to remember that your signature program sells an outcome, not a pack of single sessions.
If you haven’t figured out your Target Market yet, head over to my blog “4 Ways to Identify Your Health Coaching Target Audience (AKA Dream Clients).”
STEP 2: FEEL OUT WHAT YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE THINKS ABOUT YOUR SOLUTION
If you can, talk to 5 or 10 people who you feel best represent your target audience. Feel them out about:
- What it is about your business that appeals to them
- What the main reason is they’d hire you as a Health Coach
- What results they’d expect to see from working with you
Ask intelligent questions that will help you to sell your signature program to your target audience, too. Find out if they’ve worked with other Health Coaches and what their experience was like (what the positives were, and what they felt was lacking). These answers will help you focus your solution even
STEP 3: PACKAGE UP YOUR SOLUTION
Your signature program is as much about what YOU offer, as it is about WHAT you offer. YOU are what’s going to make your signature program powerful. It has to be something you are excited to offer your dream client. Sell them what they think they want, and deliver what you know they need.
So, looking at your solution, think about how you can package it up to make it both enjoyable for you and of great benefit to your client.
Would you run your program over 4 weeks, 3 months, 6 months? How often would you and your client meet? Weekly? Bi-weekly? How long would each module/ session be? What would you cover in each module/ session? What price point feels right for you in regard to the support and time you’ll be putting into each coaching package and client?
Explore ways that you could make your package attractive to your ideal client.
STEP 4: DESIGN YOUR PACKAGE AND CREATE YOUR CONTENT
Because your signature program is unique to you, you’ll want it to express your brand. The name you choose for your program can be based on the desired outcome/results, or who the program is aimed at, or you could come up with a catchy acronym.
Your signature program’s content will include:
- a Welcome Pack that sets the outline of your program
- a workbook sharing the key learning points for each module/session, and powerful coaching questions you’ll be asking your program participants
- worksheets or action Items for each week of the program
- any other resources that relate to your program.
STEP 5: DOUBLE-CHECK YOU’VE TICKED ALL THE BOXES FOR CREATING YOUR ROCKING SIGNATURE PROGRAM
- Define the benefits. CHECK.
- Get clear on the key results, or outcome, you’re selling. CHECK.
- Establish the number of modules/ sessions. CHECK.
- Work out the cost and possible payment plans. CHECK.
- Come up with a name and style of design for your signature program. CHECK.
- Create all the necessary content. CHECK.
I would love to hear about your experience creating your coaching program in the comments below and for some support around pricing, check out my post How much Can You Charge As a Health Coach >>>